I like wash n go’s. I really do. But, there’s always pay back time and every time I do a wash n go, I know I will pay dearly. I know there are some people who manage to do wash n go’s all the way and have not mentioned having any problems. Somehow, I do it at a cost. The knots, single strand knots, aka SSK’s. These guys are a menace you know? But I’m sure that’s not going to stop me from wearing my hair in a wash n go from time to time though. I need them in my life. They complete the versatility that natural hair has to offer.
I shared my pics on Instagram and some friends wanted to know what I did on my wash n go this time. I did not record the process but I’m going to try and let you through the process. I hope you will be able to follow.
How I did my wash n go.
- I deep conditioned then co-washed my hair with a conditioner that has great slip. It’s no name right now because it’s one of my formulations that I am working on.
- Wrapped my hair in a Moisture T’Towel to get rid of excess water.
- Then I went on to apply a leave-in conditioner. I used Ultimate organics Olive oil leave in conditioner which also has amazing slip.
- I went on to apply as much ecostyler gel as possible on my hair in sections, starting at the roots and smoothing it towards the ends. Then I would run my fingers through the section to separate the hair where the curls clump naturally.
- I started at the back of my head working towards the front. And then let my hair air dry.
Night routine with a wash n go.
- On the first night, My hair was barely dry so I tied a scarf round my edges to make sure they stay intact and hit the pillow. I have a satin pillowcase by the way so I can afford not to wrap my head from time to time especially in times like these. I kept my wash n go for 6 days which is wow according to my standards.
- On the other 4 nights, lightly spritzed my hair to make it softer and more malleable and put up my hair into 5 ponytails.
- Sometimes I would band these ponytails for some extra stretch but mostly I was not bothered. I then wrapped my hair in a scarf or slapped on a satin bonnet.
Morning Routine with a wash n go
- Mornings were easy. I simply removed my ponytail holders, fluffed my curls and out I went.
I enjoyed the ride this time and although I had to deal with SKK’s afterwards, Somehow, my hair stayed detangled mostly so it did not interfere with my finger detangling challenge. And the more I do wash n go’s the more I become better at it. My first wash n go was pitiful. Hopefully, I will be able to come up with a way of enjoying wash n go’s without having to deal with SKK’s. Or maybe you know how, please share. Otherwise that’s all from me. Love, peace, blessings.