This post is sponsored by Takealot.com
With the lock down almost over, I’m sure we’ve learnt a few ways of living, working and shopping that were once out of our comfort zones.
Shopping online has become more popular than ever before, just to avoid the queues, save time, fuel and to limit exposure to disease.
As much as I love and encourage online shopping, I mean, who needs to go out there when you can literally shop millions of products on Takealot.com in the comfort of your home or office? It may expose shoppers to cyber crime, a diminished shopping experience due to too many returns and piling up of things you will never really use.
There are better ways to shop online that are safer and more effective. Below I share only 5 tips on how to shop online safer and more effectively.
- Make sure it is a well-known website, Check if they have a contact number and address if not sure. If the number is a landline number, the better. If you have True caller installed on your phone, it will show the name the number was registered under when you dial. That way, you know it is a legitimate business.
- The website is secured, like it starts with htttps so that your credit card details are not compromised. It also needs to be using a secured checkout with a trusted payment portal. Better be safe than sorry.
- Make sure you get as much information as possible about the product you want to buy. Read the description carefully to make sure that is the exact thing you need before you go ahead with the purchase. Sometimes size matters. You will thank me later.
- Check if the delivery methods suit your area and lifestyle. If you are unable to take delivery at home during working hours, then make sure there is another option. At Takealot, besides the door to door deliveries, you can also pick up an order from any of the over 50 pick up points in South Africa. You can also get an order delivered to an address in another province, as a gift or sending essential items to a loved one there.
- The return policy should be lawful and clear to understand. Buying online is a bit different in that, you are buying something, trusting that the information they put in the description is accurate as much as the product image. If you find out that what was delivered is not what you want, you should be able to return it and be refunded the purchase price. Fortunately, most trusted websites like Takealot.com have an easy, hassle-free 30-day return policy. They will come and collect or you can drop it off at a pick up point.
I partnered with Takealot.com to show you how easy it is to shop online in the video below.
- I mostly buy stuff on sale. But I have no time going from shop to shop to look for discounts. So, I signed up to online newsletters of the websites I normally shop from. That way, they notify me when there is a special. And if it’s something I am looking for, it’s just click-click and I get the stuff delivered to me. And Takealot is one of them. They even have daily deals. All you need to do is check your email if the stuff you need is now on sale.
- Takealot also has app only deals and they are worth downloading their free mobile app for so that you don’t miss out on discounts. I also use the app to add things to my wish list and then I can complete the purchase on my laptop once I am more settled.
- I normally use my ebucks to pay for my Takealot orders. So, most of the times, I don’t really use my cash to buy. However, waiting for the ebucks to add up is a game of patience. I end up paying with both ebucks and my credit card at other times. At least Takealot has several payment methods like credit card payments and Instant Eft. They used to have cash on delivery as well, but with the COVID-19 situation we are in, it is better to minimise the handling of cash.
I am running a giveaway on my channel, on Instagram and Twitter. I’m giving away some amazing prizes to celebrate my over 25 thousand subscribers on my YouTube channel.
And a R1000 Takealot shopping voucher is one of those prizes and I know you will want to enter. The giveaway video is below.
Please do check it out, subscribe to my channel and enter to stand a chance to win. The hashtag to use is #evemafupa #naturalsisters
My Instagram and Twitter handle is @evemafupa