Actually, hair growth is just one of the benefits of exercise. There is a lot to be gained from exercising and the most important of them is great health. I was quite stunned when I went to the gym Planet Fitness, this week and when I did the fitness check, I discovered that I was not exercising enough. Or maybe, my body is still far from being healthy considering the sedentary life that I have been leading for a while. Blame it on continuous studies and a work load that forces me to be seated most of the time. Don’t we all use that excuse? The shocking thing was, my body was operating as if I am 55 years old. Literally a granny, because at 55, my kids would be old enough to have their own kids. As much as my skeleton is still fine, I am so overweight and it’s not funny. So, I decided to make some changes and one of them is to train more, eat better and I am sure I am on my way to a healthier me. Just watch me. Okay, let me get to the post. I did some more looking into exercising or being fit and healthy and saw that it also benefits my hair growth. And if your are not convinced to exercise for good health, I know that at least some of you will do it for the hair. But let’s look at the health benefits first because it all spills into great hair anyway.
Advantages of exercising for fitness and good health
- Makes your muscles stronger including your heart which is your most important muscle to be able to pump blood well.
- Helps with focusing and good memory. This I can attest to as I have seen increased focus and great memory since I started exercising, even the little that I do, has given me great results. And the change is almost instant. I get more work done when I start my day with exercising.
- Helps with good sleep. Goodbye insomnia. When you exercise, at the end of the day, you will sleep easier and have good quality sleep. This I can also attest to.
- Helps with weight loss or just reducing the centimetres when your body gets toned nicely. Exercising helps you burn calories and it’s easier to create a calorie deficiency than eating less and less.
- Helps you get rid of body fat that may cause chronic diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and some say even cancer.
- Increases your energy levels. This is clinically proven and besides, just think of it, if your muscles are working, which they are there to do, slouching around will not be the norm for you. Your body will have energy to jump around and do stuff.
- Working out helps you feel good, happy and manage stressful situations better.
And there are lots of benefits for your health when you exercise, I barely touched the surface. So, if only for health, you will do your body a favour by starting a workout routine or schedule.
Now, looking at the benefits exercising has on your hair
Exercising and hair growth
- Blood flow guys, blood circulation. If blood flow is restricted in your body, even your hair is affected. Exercising regularly, helps with improving your blood circulation and delivering nutrients to your scalp.
- Helps to reduce stress which is another cause for hair loss. If you are managing stressful situations better, you will not end up losing hair over things.
- Exercise helps with inflammation which is also another cause for hair loss. A healthier body will not lose hair due to an inflamed scalp
- When you are not feeling well, you will need medication and some meds have the side effect of making you lose hair. Why not avoid the whole situation by exercising and staying healthy so that you don’t have to take medication for an illness?
Let’s clear this out. Although exercising will not give you inches of hair growth overnight or even a month, it will help you keep the hair that is on your scalp and not disrupt the hair growth cycle due to illness or inflammation. So, working out regularly helps you keep healthy and if your body is healthy, your scalp will also be healthy enough to grow healthier hair. How about that? I hope you will make a decision to at least get off your couch and take a brisk walk, and make it an everyday thing. Make it your aim to exercise everyday. Even if it’s just for 20 minutes. It is way better than not doing anything at all. You owe it to yourself to take care of this body that carries you around.
Until next time, happy workout and don’t forget to make it an everyday thing. God bless you. Bye.